Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tom Starling 7th Dan

Tom Starling 7th Dan
I had a shock the other day my mate Tom turned up at the door of my home I have not seen him for months although we keep in touch, Embarrassingly enough I did not recognise him at first he has lost 2 stone back on the weights, hair is longer and is sporting a rather dashing little beard must be women some where about as he looks a lot younger, mind you I did not have my glasses on. The important part of his visit all the way from Norwich to Kent was he had an appointment in Maidstone more work for his arrest and restraint team, Tom travels all over the country doing these courses. He dropped in to me to show me the New IBF Jiu Jitsu syllabus for England and Wales, this has taken him over a year to develop and I have to admit it is a work of Art. Grading with Tom will not be easy but by the time you reach Dan Grade your knowledge will extensive, not only has developed this he has formulated a complete guide to the peripheries of Coaching, Child Protection policy, signs an symptoms, complaints procedure, codes of conduct etc all this will be on his web site which will be up and running in the next couple of weeks. To top it all he has just organised for his 1st Kyu's a Sports Coach UK Child Protection Course, they got a certificate and the workshop only lasted 3 hours and according to NGB this certificates lasts for 3 years.
He is now getting them Coaching Disabled People in Sport, Equity in their coaching at the same very low costs.

No comments: