Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dodgy Martial Arts

I am always warning my members about dodgy Martial Arts Organisations who claim to be all things to all men especially when it comes to Insurance. Below is a letter from Paul Griffiths which I received many months ago at the time I said :
1) I never joined but it seems I had a membership number
2) I did not know what the letter was about
3) The letter read as if it was some sort of miscarriage of Justice

That was until today I had a phone call from Derbyshire Police, they dealt with case and had him put in prison. It seems that Paul Griffiths swindled over £100,000 and could be as much as £180,000 by not placing insurance. I am told by the Police that the AMA had an agreement with this gentleman's BMNAA to place all their insurance which he did not do. Paul Griffiths had a block Insurance for his organisations which was no where near the amount of members he had and of course when the Insurance company found out his insurance was null and void. This was over a period of years hence the amount. This is not the first time I have heard of this scam and I am only reporting what was said to me and did ask the Police if I could report what the said and said yes as the man was convicted with all details in the Public Domain.

My own associations Insurance is with WWSI and I have to list the names and addresses of every member and you can see our Insurance details on www.budo-ibf.co.uk with address and telephone number of the Insurance Company

please read the letter and tell me would you join his new association the MAC?

If you cannot enlarge this go to http://www.budo-ibf.co.uk/Paul%20Griffiths.pdf


No comments: