Monday, August 09, 2010

a message from the past

The graet thing about the internet you get emails like the following out of the Blue

Attn: Martin Clarke Sensei

Dear Martin

My name is Henry Ellis, better known to your dear late mother and father and others in the old days as ` Harry `. I just came across the most touching article that you had dedicated to your dear mothers memory " A Forgotten Heroine " , your mother is someone that I had not forgotten as I have some fond memories, I enjoyed the article and the memories, I was taken aback to see the ` Aikido ` photo of myself with your mother and Joan Spall taken at Grange Farm in 1963, for me that was the best summer school of all..I just wanted to thank you for the article and the photo for which I am very grateful..The internet is surely a most amazing thing when we find items that bring our fading memories back to life.
I would like with your permission to add the said article to my Kenshiro Abbe Blog if that is OK with you ?

Best regards

Harry Ellis

No comments: